Monday 14 July 2014

I NEARLY SET FIRE TO MY HOUSE

Hello:)

On the 2nd July 2014, I decided to have a non-stop Harry Potter Movie Marathon, literally I started at 8:30am and watched all 8 movies until 4am the next morning because I have no social life at the moment. I even had the chocolate frog and Berty Bots Every Flavour Beans to eat from the Harry Potter Studios when I went earlier this year to eat whilst watching the movies.

It was even solid chocolate:)

Anyway I did actually have one of my friends over at 10am-5pm so when we wanted lunch we decided to quickly heat up some soup in the kitchen (obviously). I just turned the gas on, on the hob/cooker when my friend was just standing next to me staring at the kitchen roll that. Next thing I knew she said: 

"Georgie THERE'S A FIRE"

 I seriously thought she was joking and I looked over at the pan of soup and the kitchen roll was right next to the pan that was over the hot gas, and bearing in mind kitchen roll is thin and paper, it caught on fire.  Typically, this was the ONE DAY my parents were both at work and all I could see were flames behind the pan of soup. I had NO IDEA what the hell to do. My friend decided to try and pick up the flammable fragile kitchen roll that was on fire and put it in the sink which was luckily pretty much next to the cooker, however this DID NOT go according to plan because it just started to rip and fall, so she had to put it back down or she would have burnt herself.

So at this point in time I was shaking and in a lot of panic because the fire just started to get bigger and bigger so I went over to the sink and grab water in my hands and chuck it onto the flames, which didn't do much as the water didn't stay in my hands that much. 

Luckily my Dad (and his love for coffee) had left his coffee mug out next to the sink from the morning, before he went to work, so my friend grabbed the mug, filled it with water and poured it on the flame which allowed it to go out.

Seriously, if we left it any longer the flames would have reached the cupboards above us and caught on fire and the whole house would probably be non existence right now. Once the fire was fully out I just stood there in complete and utter relief that the fire was out but in shock of what had just happened.

After cleaning the mess of the burnt paper, we even carried on cooking our soup and this time it went smoothly and we got through the process of warming the soup up for about 6 minutes without anything catching fire, spilling anything, it went fine.

I still haven't told my parents anything about it because the smell of fire was covered up by the smell of the soup we had for lunch, thank God, so when my Mum came back from work she didn't detect a thing, even though I was acting slightly like I was not telling her something but no one asked about it.

MORAL OF THE STORY
Don't cook next to kitchen roll and check for anything flammable around you before you start to cook, which is one of the most obvious things to do but people quite often forget.

SIDE NOTE:Nobody got hurt or injured from this and if anything like this happens to you make sure you stay calm and try and quickly put out the fire and if it starts to become too big call for the fire brigade straight away.

Georgie
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment