Saturday 30 August 2014

August Favourites

Hello again:)

It is that time of the month again when I tell you about what I have been loving this past month, so lets get cracking!

MUSIC FAVOURITES

#1 - RUDE! by Magic

Okay so through August this is one of the songs I have had on repeat (I also was loving it in July), I just love the beat and lyrics. I am pretty sure most of you would have heard it but here's a link for Rude if you haven't heard it yet or if you love just as much as I and want to listen to it again.

#2 TRXYE EP - Troye Sivan

If, you have not heard any of the songs from the EP you are missing out because every time I am in the car, walking, in the shower, making breakfast, in bed, basically anywhere I am listening to this EP because it is so fantastic. Troye Sivan, if you didn't already know, is a successful Australian YouTuber who used to do a bit of acting.  My favourite is probably Gasoline.

#3 ROLLUPHILLS

RollUpHills is a guy, called Matt, on Youtube doing covers with his guitar (he has done some originals as well).  I have been subscribed to him since early June when I finished my exams and got watching old 5 seconds of summer's covers and stumbled across Matt and it's safe to say I am addicted to him and listened to all the videos he has uploaded and listen to him probably once a day. I have no idea why I haven't mentioned him before because he is amazing. So please go an check him out - RollUpHills


MOVIE FAVOURITES

#1 The Inbetweeners Movie 2


If you have watched the Inbetweeners movie 1 or any of the episodes or just want a laugh then you will love this film.  There are many hilarious situations the 4 boys have been put in. I went to see it twice in the cinema already and I will be getting it on DVD when it comes out.




#2 What If

I went to see this movie with a friend a couple of days after it came out, so I didn't know what to except.  But I did know that Daniel Radcliffe was in it and we both love him as an actor so we knew we would probably love the movie.  And of course Daniel Radcliffe didn't disappoint us when he played Wallace.  Wallace is a guy who dropped out of medical school and was dragged to a party by his room mate, Allan,  who just so happened to be cousins of a beautiful girl called Chantry.  However Chantry has a long term relationship with her boyfriend so Wallace and Chantry agree on being friends.  The story follows Wallace being friend-zoned with many cringe situations and funny moments.

BEAUTY FAVOURITES

#1 Bourjois Nail Polish

I found these mail polishes through a YouTuber called velvetgh0st whoes really name is Gabby. But after she raved about them and seeing them on offer I decided to pick up a few for myself. These nail polishes stay on your nails with a gloss shine.


Bourjois Paris So Laque Glossy Nail Polish - 15 Peace and Mauve

Bourjois Paris Ultra Shine So Laque Nail Polish - 37 Bleu Asphalte

Bourjois Paris Ultra Shine So Laque Nail Polish - 30 Noir de Chine

After 4 days of wearing the colour 30 bleu asphalte


#2 - Maybelline Great Lashes Mascara

Okay, I have to admit I am late onto the bandwagon with this but it just didn't make it's way to the till with me yet until the other week.  Because of its cheap price of £4.99 I didn't think it would be as good everyone made out it to be but my gosh was I wrong. The applicator is small compared to other mascara's out in the market so if you like small applicators then you'll definitely love this product.  But the main thing you want from your mascara is the have long lush, not clumped, eye lashes and that is exactly what it does.




CLOTHING FAVOURITES

#1  - TopShop Hoodie

I went shopping with my mum for smart sixth form outfits and when I was in TopShop I decided to grab myself the grey hoodie I have been eyeing up for a while now.  The inside lining is so so soft and cuddley, brilliant for autumn/winter weather (which it tends to be in the UK). It was £22, which isn't too bad and I absolutely love it.



OTHER FAVOURITES

#1 - The Vampire Diaries

Okay, so Tanya Burr one of my favourite YouTubers has mentioned The Vampire Diaries so many times so in one of Jim's Vlogs in early August she told us about it again and being on holiday and just being caught up with Pretty Little Liars and just getting Netflix; I decided to check it out. Okay so maybe I am already n the penultimate series and tweeted Tanya several times about it (which she actually responded to once!) I can now say I am addicted.

#2 - My New Purse

I got my new purse when I was on holiday in France in late July.  It's just a large purse with one zip with loads of card pockets, a pocket for reciets, notes and a zipped pocket for coins.  The main reason why I love this purse so much was because of the black and white glossy front of the purse that's a college of magazine front covers.  It was also only 9,90 (euros) which is around £8 (ish) from a French supermarket called Carefour.








#3 - Rose Gold Watch

I've been wanting a new watch for a while now and I wanted one that is a bit more classy and more ascetically pleasing.  So I decided to go on a hunt for a rose gold watch. When I was in Tesco (yes Tesco) I happened to walk past the watch stand and saw the watch I wanted for just £14 so I had to buy it.  My mum had to take a few links out through the help of a man on youtube but other than that it is pretty much perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment