Saturday 15 November 2014

Fangirling, Alfie Deyes and Costa

Today I am doing another a 'day with me' blog because yesterday was a significant day for me.

So yesterday was 14th Noveber, which was Children In Need Day so we got to go in non-uniform for my sixth form and secondary school (we don't really have a uniform for sixth form just a smart dress code).  We donated £1.50 and there were a variety of activities and chocolate being sold in the school to help raise money.  I love Children In Need day as it help brings awareness of the children that need our help, so I tend to watch the TV show on BBC1 in the evening, however yesterday it was sightly different.

Back in Septemeber a YouTuber called Alfie Deyes (aka PointlessBlog) published an interactive book and said he was going to do a UK book signing and he was coming to near where I live.  However this never happened after the first book signing in London where 8,5000 people showed up and it was chaos as he couldn't meet all of them and it was really squished.  So he cancelled the rest of the signing dates which I could see why. On Monday he announced on Twitter and Tuesday on YouTube that he was adding two extra dates, and luckily he was coming near me and my friend.

Izzy bought me the tickets for my Christmas present which was extremely kind of her and probably one of my best presents! Anyway we came back from school and quickly dropped off our sixth form stuff at my house and grabbed what we needed to go into town.

We got the next train into Birmingham and Izzy and I could not believe this was actually going to happen!  We were so so excited it was unbelievable. Once we got into Birmingham and found WHSmith and joined the queue and waited about 2 hours but it went by so quickly and the girls behind and in front of us were so sweet. We also talked to some people who had already seen Alfie and got a photo with him, which got us even more excited.

When Izzy and I were close to the front of the main queue before we got into WHSmith, Alfie gave his gave his vlogging camera to a memeber of staff and videoed us in the queue, which was seriously so surreal! (Alfie's Vlog)   Here's some screenshots I took of Izzy and I in the vlog :)







Once we actually got into WHSmith we could hear Alfie but we couldn't see him but then all of a sudden I saw his side profile and Izzy saw his hair! *fangirls* Once we got our books we literally couldn't believe we were going to meet him!

When we got to meet him and sign our books, he did a weird heart in my first book and said "sorry for the weird heart"!  Anyway I won't fangirl anymore and I will show you the selfies Izzy I got:



Izzy :)

After this expereince that we will never forget happened we went for a Costa to calm down!
White Hot Chocolate (they even put on Raspberry Sauce!)

We got the train back, still not fully realising what happened, and got home at 8pm. Anyway I am pretty sure the selfies Izzy and I took together could show the excitement we had last night than what I wrote so here are some photos from the evening.

On the train to Birmingham
Our wrist bands
Waiting outside WHSmith




Our reaction to seeing Alfie {just before we met him}


This is the one with the weird heart :)

It was seriously one to the best days of my life and I need to say a massive thank you to Izzy for buying the tickets for my Christmas present (seriously need to think of an epic present for you) and obviously a thank you to Alfie for coming to Birmingham.

Sorry for the fangirl-essence of this post but I needed to write it up! :)

Georgie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment