Saturday 6 December 2014

My December Challenge || All Time Christmas Favourites

Post Number 3 - All Time Christmas Favourites

For this post I am going to list my all time Christmas favourites, so anything I just love about Christmas or a tradition I tend to always do that I love and thought I would share it with you is going into this post.




Candles
Candles are obviously not just for Christmas but the Christmas editions of candles are always always my favourite.  It is also one of my favourite things to do at Christmas time, to light up my Christmas candles and either listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies.



my favourite Christmas candle at the moment - Simply Home Yankee Candle Frosted Spruce

a classic Christmas candle - Yankee Candle Christmas Eve




Christmas Eve Tradition
My family and I have this 'tradition' of which I genuinely cannot remember a Christmas Eve which we did not do it on.  It has been adapted due to family moving away etc but all in all we do the same thing.  It started of going for a massive family meal at my Great Uncle's old pub with my mum's side of the family and extended family.  Nowadays it is my Mum's side of the family and every other year the extended family comes along but due to them moving they can't always make it, we also go a more local pub within walking distance of my Aunite's house which is one of my favourite parts of the day as it is cold, icy, frosty and all wintry and beautiful.

Boxing Day Tradition
Every Boxing Day my Mum's side of the family (again) always go round to my Nan's house for lasagne/buffet and a couple of rounds of the good old game, consequences! It is a very different day compared to Christmas Day and Christmas Eve as everyone is more calm and tired from the late night before hand but it is still a great day.

The Snowman
I have always watched this film on Christmas Eve since I was a little girl so it has made it to my All Time Christmas Favourites.  It is a very sweet film and when I was younger I wished my snowman could come alive.



Buying and Decorating the Tree
My family gets a real tree, and this is one of my most favourite things to do.  Christmas tree shopping makes you feel so so so Christmas-y especially when there is a layer of frost on the ground. Decorating the tree is just as amazing because you know Christmas coming soon and the smell of the tree is just what Christmas is.  I just love having Christmas music on and decorating the tree with my family.




CHRISTMAS MUSIC/SONGS
I could not write this post without mentioning music, especially Christmas music.  Every year I always wonder when it is acceptable to start playing Christmas music.  But I find Christmas music is the way to get everyone into the Christmas spirit, especially the older classic songs.

Christmas movies
I love so many Christmas movies and watching them in the evenings, all cosy in pyjamas, with a hot drink, candles and the Christmas tree is something I look forward to every year.

Christmas Lunch/Dinner
In the UK we have a traditional Christmas lunch/dinner which includes a roast turkey, stuffing, Brussels sprouts (which no one likes), parsnips, pigs in blankets (little sausages wrapped in bacon), roast potatoes, gravy, canberry sauce, bread sauce and a desert of Christmas Pudding.  Obviously some families won't have the exact some have chicken and not turkey or have mashed potatoes instead of roasted potates.  Our family also has Yorkshire puddings and cauliflower cheese because myself, Mum and Dad are vegetarians so don't have the turkey or pigs in blankets but my brother and grandparents do.  Even without the meat it is like heaven.  Another adaptation of the traditional English Christmas Dinner is that my brother and I have a chocolate pudding when the adults have the Christmas pudding because we don't like it but this chocolate pudding has melted chocolate in the middle of it and is like bliss.

Christmas Costa
This Christmas I have tried my first Christmas edition of Costa and wow are they amazing! At my sixth form they do the gingerbread latte, praline cappuccino and the walnut brownie hot chocolate. My favourites so far are gingerbread latee and the white hot chocolate.




Hope you liked this post and are having a good December so far!

Georgie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment