Wednesday 31 December 2014

My December Challenge || Favourites of 2014

This is a long post but since on of the most popular posts I do are the monthly favourites I thought I should do my favourites of the whole of 2014 so lets get started;

MUSIC

5SOS

I have been a fan of 5SOS for about 2 years now, and when I first joined the fandom they only had 2 EPs {Somewhere New and Unplugged}.  To see them grow up, break through the music industry and get number 1's is just amazing from YouTube videos.  I have loved all their songs, albums and EPs and I am so excited for next year and their tour!





 Ed Sheeran
Who hasn't been waiting for the day when Ed will release another album? But it was so worth the wait, it is such a good album.

All Time Low
Break Your Little Heart was the first song I heard of theirs as someone mentioned it on Instagram nearly a year ago.  I know they've been around a lot  longer but I suppose I never heard any of their songs or heard of them properly because I used to only listen to the main chart hits, but OMG they are an amazing band and I am hooked on all their songs.


1D
Midnight Memories, their album that came out November 2013, was amazing and FOUR, that was this years album, is just perfect and the two 1D albums I have been loving this year.



Little Mix
I know they haven't released an album this year but I still love Salute that came out late last year.  Their tour was amazing as well and I cannot wait for what 2015 has in store for them.


Taylor Swift
I used to love Taylor when I was in Year 6 but then I started liking other artists and bands and I just liked her hit songs like 22 and We're Never Getting Back Together.  But throughout this whole year I have been trying to figure out if I like her and her music or not but turns out I think I do and Blank Space and Style are probably my favourite 2 from her new album 1989.



Uptown Funk
This song is just perfect, I absolutely love this song, the beat of it is just brilliant.

TRXYE
I couldn't leave Troye Sivan out now, his EP is just amazing.  My favourite is probably The Fault In Our Stars {MMXIV} one which he had also put on YouTube before hand last year.

Rude
Rude by Magic is on of the summer songs that I had on repeat.  I just love the beat and lyrics to the song.

McBusted
I have loved McFly and Busted since I was a little girl I used to dance along to their songs at my cousin's house and at discos.  I would never have thought McBusted would become a thing but I am glad they did because now I get to watch my two favourite childhood bands in concert next year.  Their album is one of my favourites from 2014.

FASHION

Checkered Shirts
I got to say I started wearing these a lot last year as well but my love for them has only just grown this year!  I don't know what it is about them but I think they are amazing.  You can wear them so many ways; tied around the waist, under a top or buttoned up.

Black Jeans
My favourite jeans are black, I really want to get a pair of knee rip black jeans!  They just go with everything and look amazing with checkered shirts!

Doc Martens
I used to hate Doc Martens then they started to grow on me.  I started loving them this year and I got a pair when they were in the sale earlier this year and they are beautiful!  I have had so many nice comments on them as well.



Chunky Heeled Boots & Sandals
In summer I loved the chunky heeled sandal look and in autumn/winter time I have loved the chuncky heeled ankle boot look.  I think they make an outfit amazing and it makes you look taller!  They are comfy as they are platformed as well so it doesn't feel like your feet are going to drop off!


BEAUTY

Kate Moss Lipsticks

This is my favourite lipstick this year as it stays on your lips for so long! The matte finish looks amazing as well and the colours they do are just perfect.

It comes out more darker {also ignore the
psychology revision notes below my hand!}


B. Eye Cream in Dust Till Dawn
This is my favourite eye cream.  I went to the B. make-up section of Superdrug wanting a certain colour as it was 50% off at the end of summer but they didn't have the colour so I picked this and I am so pleased I did.  It stays on all day and many people have asked about it and complimented me on it.

Eyeliner Pencils
I have never really tried eyeliner so I decided to go for the waterline eyeliner as it is easier to apply, it is for me anyway.  I absolutely love the Rimmel London Jeck Black Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner Penicl.


MOVIES

Divergent

I am reading the book at the moment which I have wanted to for a while but I just haven't had to time due to exams and sixth form. However the movie was amazing.  Izzy and I went in the Easter holidays for a little break from revision, which we both agreed we really needed!  The movie was gripping and I don't get why some people don't like it.

The Fault In Our Stars
I have been waiting for this movie to come out since it was announced to be made into a movie.  I wanted to read the book since April 2013 but didn't until February 2014!!!  But it was such a good book and the movie also did it justice!

Inbetweeners 2
Who doesn't love to have a good laugh at the Inbetweeners?  I only just got into the Inbetweeners but I went to watch this movie twice in 5 days because two of my friends wanted to see it but I didn't mind because it was so funny!

Frozen
Okay I probably annoy my family the amount I play the Frozen songs and whenever the holidays start I tend to watch it at least twice in the first weekend!  I just love it, I think everyone can relate to Elsa but also relate to Anna.  Olaf is just so funny and without him I don't think it would have been such a big hit.

Mocking Jay Part 1
I have seriously been waiting for this movie to come out since I watched Catching Fire in the cinemas, I am not even joking I googled when Mocking Jay would be out when I got home! I had the Hunger Games books when I was around 9 and now I wish I read them but Mocking Jay Part 1 was so gripping and just all round amazing and I cannot wait for part 2.


TV SHOWS

Pretty Little Liars

I finally started watching Pretty Little Liars the send of November last year as I found a website that would let me watch it since it is not airred in the UK anymore.  I was addicted but I had to stop due to revision so once all my exams were done I did a PLL binge and was hooked again.  I still haven't watched the Christmas special but other than that I have caught up.

The Vampire Diaries
After Tanya Burr going on about how good this TV series is I decided to give it a shot, and OMG it did not let me down.  I have finished the first 3 seasons which were on Netflix and now I don't know where I can watch it as a new season has started.  I will be watching The Originals as well.

The Inbetweeners
Since our family just got Netflix and I was too young to watch the Inbetweeners when it first came out as TV series and their first movie I decided to watch just one episode but nooo I watched the 3 seasons in 3 days! Oops but it was so hilarious and I just love it.

OTHER

Festival wristbands
I got my first two festival wristbands from Wembley when I went to see One Direction.  I got the 1D festival wristband and 5SOS wrist band and I have been collecting them since.  I have got the individual Vamps ones and itunes festival Vamps one as well.

Fangirl
I would say I have read quite a bit this year for me because I don't tend to read much but the books I have read are all brilliant but Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell has got to be my favourite.  I read it so quickly and I couldn't put it down.  I could relate to some of the characters, especially Cath.  I just want to read all of Rainbow's books now!


YouTubers
I have been watching Youtubers for so long but I have discovered some new ones this year who I love including VelvetGh0st aka Gabby and ItsWayPastMyBedTime aka Carrie Fletcher.

Sorry it went on for so long but I have been loving so many things this year!  I hope you have a good New Years Eve and I wish everyone a Happy New Year and see you in 2015!



Georgie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment