Tuesday 30 June 2015

June Favourites

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I had such a busy week last week at work experience and had so many people's birthdays, but here is my favourite post for June, hope you enjoy:)

MUSIC

Well if you know me, you will know that I love 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS).  I got to see them live on the 5th June and it was seriously amazing!  Anyway, they have been performing Permanent Vacation on tour as their new song and let me tell you, I have not stopped listening to it!  I just love the lyrics, the sound of the instruments and the beat of it.  As they have only sung the song live on tour, there isn't a studio version but it is still amazing.

my photo // muke guitaring at the concert

 The 1975
Okay, you probably know about the drama of The 1975  that happened ealry this month and late last month, but this isn't about that.  I tend to listen to The 1975 when I'm travelling or/and stressed.  This month I have been on several long journeys and have been fairly stressed since going back to sixth form so I have been listening to them a load more than I usually do.  This month I have been mainly loving M.O.N.EY, She Way Out and obviously Girls.  I just find their music so relaxing and calming:)

BEAUTY

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick // Shade 08
I have wanted to stop wearing the darker reds and nudes since it now summer so I went make-up shopping with Izzy and bought one of my favourite brands of lipsticks; Kate Moss from Rimmel London.  This time I got it in shade 08 as it is a pale pink nude so goes with pretty much any make-up look.  It is long wearing and so versatile so this has been my 'go-to' lipstick of the month.







MOVIES

Insidious Trilogy
This month I watched all three of the Insidious movies.  I watched the first again, this time on my own so no one would stop 20 minutes in because they became too scared *cough* mum *cough* and the second one for the first time.  They were both amazing but I preferred the first as you didn't really know what to expect.  I saw the third Insidious in the cinema with Izzy and loved it, it was a different family and the actors were amazing.


TV SHOWS

Pretty Little Liars
SEANSON 6 IS HERE! I have been waiting for season 6 for too long now!  Season 5 finished in March and it left on a major cliff hanger and waiting for season 6 felt like forever but it was definitely worth the wait.  I have got most of my friends to watch PLL now and one watched all 5 seasons and has fully caught up in about 3 months!

America Horror Story
I did try and get into AHS last year but I only watched the first 2 or 3 episodes so I didn't get into it that much but this month I have watched season 1 in one weekend! Season 1 was seriously amazing, my favourites are Tate and Violet {probably the typically favourites but what can you do!}.

Life Unexpected
My friend told me I should watch this, I first thought it was a movie from the title of the series!  Netflix has the first 2 seasons and I watched them in about 2-3 weeks because it is such an easy watch as you can do something whilst watching it and it does get quite addictive...It's about a girl was who finds her parents who put her up for adoption to get them to sign a document so she can live with her friends but doesn't go quite to plan!

RANDOM

Nice Cream
This is my favourite healthy snack/breakfast of this month.  I love ice-cream but obviously that is not healthy but nice cream has only got fruit in it {sometimes I add water or a drop of milk to help the ingredients combine}.  What you do is add a frozen banana and add some fruit, frozen or not into a food processor and whiz it up to get the consistency of ice-cream.  I just make it up on the spot really, sometimes the consistency isn't quite right so I add milk or water to make it stick.  But seriously it has the same texture as ice cream and is seriously amazing.

strawberry nice cream // 1 frozen banana and some frozen &
non-frozen strawberries

Yoga
This month I tried 30 days of yoga challenge by yoga with Adriene on YouTube but only got to day 22 because of work experience I was too busy and tried by the time I got home.  But I have been loving yoga a lot this month, it helps me relax and become a bit more flexible.  It is something I am definitely going to be doing more of.

So, it is the end of June!  It feels like yesterday I was writing my May Favourites, where has the time gone?  I hope you have all had a fantastic June and July is even better.  I will be trying to write a lot more posts over the next couple of weeks and I am thinking of adding something extra to my blog as well before the end of July!

Honestly, it is now starting to feel like summer now and I'm not enjoying sitting in a boiling classroom for 1-2 hours when it is 28C outside!


Georgie
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment