Thursday 2 July 2015

Review #2 || Wake Me Up Foundation

So I have been wanting to review this foundation for a while now but I have only got the time till now.


First Thoughts
So, I first bought this foundation probably 2 years ago now as one of my first proper liquid foundations.  My first thought was probably "Man this smells good!" as it smelt like watermelon.  Anyway I did think it was really good, easy to apply and brilliant for a first foundation.

Applying It
Like I said above I found it easy to apply.  I now apply it by putting about 1 to 1 and a half pumps on the back of my hand and apply using my my fingers or my real techniques foundation brush and the miracle sponge by them.  It applies smoothly and with not much fuss.

Colour
The colour I go for is Ivory, but I have seemed to have gone one shade lighter since I first bought this foundation but I would say it is fairly orange toned because some days I do find it slightly orange sometimes, but not as much now I have a lighter colour!

Consistency
I love the consistency; it is not too thick but it isn't too thin and runny.  I find the match perfection, as much as I love it, just a bit too runny and I prefer the thicker foundations.


Coverage
As it has quite a thick consistency it is, what I would call, a medium to high coverage.  It allows you to have natural looking skin but stills covers the imperfections.  You can build up the foundation without it looking too cake-y.

Price
This foundation is £8.99 normally but it is on sale a fair bit and is usually down to £6 or £7 which is brilliant for a foundation.

How Long It Lasts?
I find it definitely lasts the school/work day, it probably starts to fade a little after mid afternoon if you use powder to set it in the morning which is good for a drugstore foundation.

Recommendation
Yes, definitely! 100% I would recommend it to all my friends and family, my Mum bought it and loves it because I recommended it to her.  As it has SPF 15 it is good for summer and the heat wave we are having here in England at the moment!

So I hope you enjoyed this review, it was very brief because I didn't want to make it too long winded.  I am thinking of doing more reviews because that is what I started my blog thinking of doing; beauty and reviews but I kinda got a bit side tracked!

Anyway the weekend is nearly here, so have a good one:)



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment