Friday 4 September 2015

Lifestyle || Top 3 Quick Healthy Lunches

So here's another healthy lifestyle post; my last one, about breakfasts, went down well with you guys so I'm doing one for lunches.  These are all quick and super easy to do, so you can do these at home at the weekend when you're in a rush but still want to be healthy.

1. Soup and a wholemeal bread roll



I tend to edge towards the tomato based soups with lentils and/or vegetables in it.  I also know that soup can contain a lot of salt so I always look at the salt content before I buy it.  In  the winter I sometimes make my own soup so I can have full control of what goes in it.  But for a quick lunch at home in the holidays or weekend I think it is a healthy way to go.   I add a wholemeal bread roll to it to add fibre and carbohydrate we all need.

2. Wholemeal vegetable grilled wrap with avocado salsa



So I stumbled across this concoction when I had half an hour before my friend was coming round to watch a movie and we agreed we would eat before hand.   I just grabbed a wholemeal wrap, loads of veg, some cheese and our George Foreman grill.  I chopped some veggies up and put them and some cheese in the wrap  and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes in our George Foreman contact grill.  Whilst that was happening I cut up 1/2 an avocado and some tomatoes to make a healthy salsa for a side and added some sugar snap peas.  All in all, I fell in love with it and had it for lunch the next day as well.

3. Two-way salad // Pasta salad with salad



For this I just made a salad, with the vegetables I like, obviously including avocado!  Then I added a portion of a pasta salad pot (would be better if I made it obviously!); this one is spinach and pine nut pasta salad and I always look at the fat, sugar and salt content.  The avocado has healthy unsaturated fats that you need in the diet, the rocket and spinach both have fibre and many essential minerals including iron and all the other veggies have different vitamins and minerals you need.  You can also take this to work or school to have for lunch.

Well, I hope you found that interesting or gave you some inspiration.  Let me know what you think in the comments and if you have any healthy lunches you like to have.

P.S - I got tickets to see All Time Low next year!! So excited!


Have a good weekend:)

Georgie
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment