Saturday 17 October 2015

Review #4 || Coco White Oil Pulling


So for 14 days at the end of August to the start of September I did oil pulling, by Coco White, to get a healthier mouth and teeth as well as whitening my teeth.  So does it work?

Coco White are a 100% natural health product company based in the UK, who sell modernised version of oil pulling.  Basically they sell coconut oil, but since the flavour of it is rather vile they added natural flavourings such as vanilla, mint and lemon.

Oil Pulling
Oil pulling has been used over years as an Indian Folk remedy.  It involves swirling coconut oil around you mouth for 10-15 minutes.  The main benefit of oil pulling is the health benefits of your mouth and teeth as it reduces the amount of harmful bacteria in your mouth.  Alongside this, it also makes your teeth whiter.  If you want to learn more head to Coco White's website here

First Thoughts
OMG! WHAT IS THIS? I didn't warm the sachet of the coconut oil up with my hands before I realised that's what you were supposed to do!  So I was putting it into my mouth with solid lumps of coconut oil, it was vile and actually made me gag.  But I managed to save it and get it into the liquid it should be.  After that I got used to it and didn't mind it I didn't mind it, it made my mouth feel healthier.  You definitely need to make sure you get it into a liquid before you put it into your mouth though!

Using it

easy step by step instructions on the back of the box :)

It did take a while to get use to the texture but once I did it wasn't too bad.  You had to warm the sachet of coconut oil up before you open it and put it in your mouth.  It says that you should do it everyday for 14 days for 5-15 minutes.  I started with 5 minutes because I wasn't used to it but after that I mainly did 15 minutes, which seems like a long time but I did it whilst listening to music or watching a TV show.  It's not hard to use at all it is just a completely new and weird texture.

Price
Initially, I thought £19.99 for 14 sachets was quite expensive at first but when I did more research in whitening your teeth it really isn't too bad.  But I haven't bought another pack yet because I just don't have a spare 20 quid knocking about.  But I definitely will be buying some more another time.  There is also the option of subscribing to it which gives you 14 days worth of oil pulling sachets for £17.99 per month, so it works out slightly cheaper than buying 14 days worth every time.

Choice 
You can also choose from three different flavours, I chose minty fresh as it was a safe bet, but when I was buying it the best seller was the assorted flavours including all three; lemon, vanilla and mint.  I would say the minty fresh one isn't major minty but it makes the process that bit more pleasant.

Does it work?
To an extent it does.  I wouldn't say my teeth now are sparkling white but my teeth did get slightly whiter but I would say it probably works better if you use it longer than 2 weeks. My mouth and teeth felt healthier within the time I did the oil pulling and for some period afterwards.

Before


After




Recommendation
I would give it a recommendation, but don't expect your teeth to be pearly white after just the two weeks.  It did make me feel better about my teeth (a weird thing to say haha) and made my mouth feel fresher and cleaner than just brushing your teeth.

Hoped you liked another review, a slightly different one to normal but I hope it was useful.   Let me know whether you've done oil pulling and whether it was with Coco White and if you enjoyed it.

I am starting to finish the process of applying to universities now, which is one the scariest things ever, so I will be posting a lot more soon!  Hope you all have a great weekend.


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment