Saturday 12 December 2015

Blogmas Day 12 || Sentimental Christmas Decorations

So today I will show you some of our family's Christmas decorations that have meaning or a memory behind it.  I think this post will be fun to look back on when I am older and see what my parents have kept or if I got some on my tree.


We got this bauble in Disnyeland Paris last year because the Disney Store was starting to get all Christmas-y which was the best thing in the world!  The bauble will always remind me about what a great holiday it was and will feature on the tree forever.


This bauble is fairly old, not as old as some of the others but my brother and I got baubles with our names on.  I cannot remember if our Mum got it or what, but these are always always on the tree now.


Even though we just got this ornament bauble this year, it has great sentimental value to it.  You may know that I have been doing ballet for nearly 14 years now and I have always been taught by the same ballet teacher.  However this week was my last class with her, so I got my teacher and I one ballerina bauble each to remind us of each other!


I got this decoration a few years ago when I was in Germany with my family.  There was a massive Christmas store, even though it was August, so we went in and my brother and I could choose something for Christmas.  I chose this gingerbread man as I thought it was cute, and my brother for some reason chose a German shot glass! Anyway, both decorations will forever remind me of the holiday as well as my school trip there which was 2 years prior going with my family.


Mum has had this decoration since I can remember.  When we were younger my brother and I would decide which house people would be in and who would be who in the scene.  We would sometimes stay looking at it for a while making up situations!


I made this fairy decoration when I was in year 2! So that was 11 years ago and every year since, I have put it on the Christmas tree.  I even remember making it in class with everyone being festive and the Christmas decorations!

Hope you enjoyed reading this post, have you got any sentimental Christmas items/decorations?


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment