Tuesday 15 December 2015

Blogmas Day 15 || Weird(ish) Christmas Items

Can I just say, today Izzy and I got the weekend tickets to Summer In The City 2016! If you don't know what it is, it's a YouTube convention in London, which Izzy and I have been wanting to go for years and finally we got the tickets!  It isn't until August but we are already buzzed for it!

Anyway, lets get on with the actual post shall we?

So we have some weird items that we get out at Christmas time, some of them have more of a weird story behind then than actually looking weird.


1. German Christmas Shot Glass


The weird thing about this Christmas item is that it isn't necessarily Christmas-y but we only get it out at Christmas time.  This is because my brother picked it out when we went into a Christmas shop in Germany about 3 years ago and we were both told we could pick an item.  Therefore I picked a Christmas Gingerbread Man bauble for the tree and my brother, who would have been about 12 or 13 at the time, wanted a shot glass!  For me that was slightly weird...

2.  Creepy Angel


I just find this angel slightly on the creepy side of beautiful!  We used to have a cardboard angel which I made when I was about 6 years old until we decided we should really get one that would actually last, so my Mum bought this angel from John Lewis and spent a lot on it.  I'm not sure about you but dolls/angels that look like this just always look weird and creepy to me, so this angel just does not say Christmas to me at all.

3. Tacky Light Canvas


You can't really tell from the photograph, because it was noon when I took it, but this Christmas canvas from Notcutts (a garden centre) has actual lights on it.  I initially thought it was cool and strangely nice but one year later and I'm thinking it is more on the tacky side, especially with the sliver tinsel!

So there are some of the more weird Christmas decorations we have in our household.  Do you have any weird Christmas/holiday items?

I cannot believe we only have 10 days left until Christmas Day and I only have 3 hours of lessons left until the Christmas holidays which are all on Thursday!  Seriously cannot wait to start feeling extremely Christmas-y at home and with my friends and family.  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the post and I will see you tomorrow for Blogmas Day 16 and for a special post!


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment