Friday 18 December 2015

Blogmas Day 18 || German Christmas Market

So today a couple of friends and myself went into town to visit the German Christmas Market and go ice skating outside.  I haven't been into town specifically for the German Market before so I was feeling extra festive.

The Christmas lights were on and as the day got darker the lights became more beautiful.



It took us a while to get to the ice rink due to building constructions, but it was totally worth the extra walk.  I have always wanted to go ice skating outside at Christmas time with fairy lights on, and I will definitely be doing it again!  It had been years since we both last ice skated, so it took us a while to get back into it, but we soon managed to ice skate without holding onto the sides! Nat and I did fall over five minutes before our time was up and as I stupidly wore blue denim jeans it looked like I wet myself!




Zakiyah and myself also went on the carousel, which was in the middle of the market, and was super cute and festive.


There are a range of stalls there, such as ones selling luxury chocolates, Christmas decorations and handmade hats.  There are also food stands ranging from traditional German Christmas food like stollen to hot dogs.  German beer and mulled wine is also a major concept of the German Market as well, as there are many stalls selling them.


 


I had an amazingly festive day, and I cannot believe it is already Blogmas day 18 and there is only one week till Christmas!

I hope everyone enjoyed this post, let me know what you love to do to get you in the festive spirit!


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment