Saturday 19 December 2015

Blogmas Day 19 || Favourite Festive Foods

Happy Blogmas Day 19!  Another late post,  I don't even know what I have done today but it has gone so fast!  Anyway here are six of my favourite festive food products!

1. Mince Pies


I never used to like mince pies, but now I am older I have grown to like them.  I don't eat them everyday but I might have one once, maybe twice, a week.  I do prefer them homemade, but Sainsbury's bakery is doing brilliantly this year!

2. Chocolate Roulade

last years' didn't turn out so great!
Having homemade chocolate roulade is becoming a bit of a new tradition in our household.  Way back in year 9 myself and my friend Ella decided to cook a chocolate roulade each in one of our Home Economic classes.  It turned out so well my family wanted it the next year and then the next, and so on.  Anyway, I tend to make it on the 22nd or 23rd December so we can have some on Christmas Eve evening.  Seriously cannot wait for this years one!

3. Satsumas


Mum always buys satsumas around this time of year because they are quite a Christmas-y fruit.  Anyway, I am loving them this year, again thank you to Sainsbury's!

4. Stuffing
OMG!  Who doesn't love a bit of stuffing?  It has got to be one of my favourite parts of the Christmas Dinner.  I don't particularly know how to describe it if you aren't familiar of it, but it is a starch that can to be used to stuff poultry, vegetables, meats or seafood but can also be used to make stuffing balls.  We tend to have sage and onion stuffing balls which are just amazing!

5. Parsnips
Parsnips are probably my favourite vegetable at the Christmas Dinner.  I like mine slightly burnt!  I think I like them so much because I only have them at Christmas, so I probably get far too excited about them then I should!

6. Chocolate


I love the massive round boxes of chocolate which are sold at Christmas - Quality Streets, Celebrations, Heroes and Roses.  But selection boxes are always apart of our family Christmas as well!  Terry's chocolate orange is probably my favourite Christmas chocolate, it just tastes so good!  Basically Christmas is definitely a time for chocolate eating!

There was some of my favourite festive/Christmas foods, what are some of yours?  I hope you enjoyed the post and I will be back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 20! Not long now guys :)


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment