Tuesday 22 December 2015

Blogmas Day 22 || Festive Flapjack Recipe

So here is my second Christmas/festive recipe which I wanted to post!  It is cranberry, cinnamon and walnut flapjacks, so I hope you enjoy the post.


Ingredients
150g Oats
120g Agave nectar or honey
50g dried cranberries
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flexseed
30g chopped walnuts

1. Pre-heat the oven at 180C.


2. Put the oats, flexseed, cinnamon and agave nectar into a large mixing bowl and mix together.  If you feel you need a little more agave nectar to bind the mixture together better, add some extra gradually as you keep mixing.


3. Add in the dried cranberries and walnuts, mixing it together making sure they are evenly distributed.


4. Using greaseproof paper line a baking tray, I used a 20 cm by 30 cm one.


 5. Put the flapjack mixture into the tray, making it evenly spread out.  Don't pat down the mixture too hard otherwise it will come out too hard to bite into.

6.  Place into the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.


7.  Once baked, take out the oven and let it cool.



8.  Cut the flapjack into 12 even pieces, it maybe a bit crumbly but it will still taste great!

I've just got to say, when I finished baking these flapjacks, the kitchen smelt so Christmas-y from the cinnamon it was amazing!

I'm sorry the quality of the photos aren't great because of the lighting and they were taken on my phone camera, not my actual camera.

Anyway I hope you liked this post and I will be back tomorrow for Day 23, it is crazy how fast this month has gone!


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment