Friday 4 December 2015

Blogmas Day 4 || Family Christmas Traditions

Yesterday I wrote my Blogmas post about English Christmas Traditions so today's post will be about my family's Christmas traditions, I hope you enjoy :)

1. Christmas Eve Walk and Pub Lunch


Every Christmas Eve that I can remember we have always gone for lunch at a pub with my Mum's side of the family.  It used to be with all her cousins and my second cousins at my Great Uncle's Pub but they moved further away and so now we go to my Aunt's local pub.  We always walk from her house to the pub because it is short and the walk is really picturesque when you walk around the lake.


This tradition of ours just always makes me feel a lot more festive than I already was because I know Christmas is just around the corner! 

2.  Christmas Eve Evening
Every Christmas Eve evening Mum, Dad, Jamie (my brother) and I have always watched Christmas movies.  It used to always be, without fail, The Snowman and then we added Father Christmas to the line up as they are only 30 minutes or so long.  Now we are older we also watch some Christmas TV show specials on top of it.  

3.  Christmas Tree Farm


Every year we always have a real Christmas Tree so that always means we get to go Christmas Tree shopping.  Usually we go the first weekend of December and we get to walk around the festive Christmas Tree Farm which also have reindeer!  It is one of my favourite days during December and I couldn't ever have a fake tree!

4. Chocolate
We always have a nice chocolate selection box to share on Christmas Eve, usually a massive Throntons one.  But throughout December the shops always sell the massive boxes of Quality Streets, Celebrations, Heroes and Roses, which I always associate with Christmas.  We tend to get through about about two a year because we hand them out to people who come round, as well as me stuffing my face with them!

5. Pillow Cases
Most people have stockings or have their presents in their rooms, but because we didn't have stockings we use pillow cases.  I don't know if other families use them as well, or if we are just a little weird, but we have always used an old pillow case for our presents.  We put them in the same room where the Christmas Tree is so it is nice a festive when we open the presents in the morning!

This post made me feel extremely festive and Christmas-y whilst writing it! Let me know if you have any family traditions you do at Christmas in the comments.  I hope you all had a great day and I will see you tomorrow with another Blogmas post :D

Does anyone else remember this Christmas YouTube video from last year?
Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment