Sunday 28 February 2016

February Favourites

So, February is always a busy month fulled with birthdays and weekends away but this month has been even busier than normal; mainly because of mocks which just finished for me on Friday.  Anyway, as it was a busy month I have got quite a lot of this to share which I loved so lets get cracking....

~ Music ~

monthly favourite spotify music playlist - listen here 

Coldplay


Since watching the carpool with Chris Martin I have found myself listening to loads of different Coldplay songs; old and new.  My favourite is one of their old ones, which I must say I had forgotten, is Yellow.

All Time Low


It's the majority of cases that ATL make it to my monthly music favourites, for  a different reason each time and even if they aren't I will probably have listened to them that month!  Anyway this month I have been listening to one of my all time favourite (ahah) albums of theirs, Nothing Personal.  Not only that but earlier this month I got to see them live in concert which I have been wanting to for ages now.

Good Charlotte


Over the past couple of the months I had found myself listening to Good Charlotte a lot, not for any particular reason.  But this month, I got to see them live as well and they were so good.  They got the crowd going and I must say I prefer them live to on their albums!

The 1975


Their new album is amazing, I have been waiting this for a while now and at the start of this month I couldn't wait until the 26th. My favourite song of theirs that they released before the album is probably The Sound.  I haven't got any favourites from the album yet since I only bought it yesterday but they will develop of the next couple of days.



~ Beauty ~

Mac // Lipsticks


 Before my 18th I didn't really own any high end make-up but I have been craving for some for so long.  My Nan bought me loads including a nude Mac Lipstick in Honey love.  It is a great alternative to the Velvet Teddy my friends got me.  I also got Mac Red lip stick from my friends which is a true red colour which lasts so long!

NYX // Soft Matte Lip Cream


I have been looking at these for ages now and I didn't particularly know which shade to get so I put loads of shades on my birthday list so if someone wanted to buy them for they could and it would still be a surprise.  Anyway, my Nan got me one in the shade Prague which is a beautiful deep pinky plum shade.  I have to say, they are the most pigmented and long lasting liquid matte lipsticks, I will be going to NYX and buying some more!

Nars // Sheer Glow


The first day I wore this I got compliments on it and ever since I started watching Tanya's YouTube videos I have been wanting to try it out.  When my Nan got it me for my 18th I was estatic.  I love the coverage as it is build-able but without building it up is is a nice medium coverage.

Urban Decay


I have been given two of the Naked Palettes for my birthday!  I got the Naked (original) Palette from my Nan and the Naked Smokey Palette from my friends, and I am so grateful for them.  I absolutely love the colours, they last all day/night long and are super pigmented.

Bobbi Brown // Gel Eyeliner


My friends also got me this gel eyeliner for my birthday as well!  I haven't used it all that much yet since I haven't had the chances since I have been stuck in revising and doing mock examinations but the times I have used it, I loved it!  It is super black and, lets just say, if I can use it and create a decent flick/line I think anyone can!



~ Fashion ~

River Island // Black Chunky Heeled Boots


I justified this purchase because I got an email from RI giving me £5 off since it was my birthday and I have been eyeing up these boots for a while.  I love them, they give me height and the illusion of longer legs yet are super comfy and I can spend all day in them due to them being platformed.

New Look // Laced Heeled Boots


I love the trend of these style of heeled boots at the moment so I decided to get a pair that wasn't too expensive but are still comfy and stylish.  These could be worn with anything to dress it up; a playsuit, jeans, a skirt or dress.



~ Movies ~

Disney Princess Movies


Thanks to my cousins, Aunt and Uncle for this favourite, also my friend Holly who told me about it.  Once I was aware of this existence of the box set I knew I had to ask for it for my birthday.  I was and am so happy that I got it, it has all the Disney Princess DVDs.

Romeo and Juliet
I watched Romeo and Juliet on Friday evening mainly because I was seeing the ballet of it the next day and I just wanted to refresh my mind; of course I knew the story, seen it as a play and watched the movie about three times before but ya know just to go over the more finer details.  Also who doesn't love a bit of 21 year old Leonardo Dicaprio?  But ever since I saw it as a ballet (which I definitely recommend if you like the ballet) and re-watched the movie I have been craving to watch it again so it has to go in my favs! The acting is amazing and I loved how they made it more of a modern twist of it.



~ TV Shows ~

Making A Murder
I whizzed through this programme documentary because it is so gripping as you just want to know what happened.  It is a real life story about a man who got sentenced to prison for something he did not do.  I do not want to spoil anything else just in case you guys haven't watched it yet.  It is a Netflix original and I fully recommend it.

Skins
I never really thought I would actually like this programme because I tried watching it so many times but I just couldn't get passed the first 10-15 minutes of it, which is completely unlike me!  However after the first couple of episodes I was gripped and watched the first two seasons far too quickly!  The next two seasons I also watched quickly but whenever new characters are put into the show it takes me a while to get back into it.  I am now on season 5 now and if it wasn't for mocks happening the past week I probably would have finished the whole show!

~

So I hope you have all had a great month; I have had some of my best moments in this month but also some that come close to my worst.  I cannot believe February is already done and March is on its way!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be posting a lot more actively throughout March.

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment