Thursday 3 November 2016

My Relationship with Autumn



I love autumn.  I think if you read my blog last year you would have figured that one out already!  The colours, scents and weather of autumn makes me feel happy and cosy.  However this time of year, mid September to the start of November, I always seem to have a bad mindset.

Autumn is a very strange time of year for me and I have never really spoken about to anyone.  This year seems to be the best autumn I have had in a while though.  Maybe it's because I'm out of education, maybe it's because I have grown as a person or maybe it is something completely different and my mind is allowing me to not have a completely negative mindset this time around.

Of course I still have my autumn negative mindset but it is not half as bad as it used to be.  And of course I still get negative thoughts throughout the other seasons of the year but autumn, for some reason, for me, was paritcuarly bad between the ages 14-17.

The thing that really frustrates me with my relationship with autumn is the fact that it is my favourite season but I have never been able to enjoy it to its fullest.

However I think we all have the negative mindset at some point in our lives, some more than others of course.

I am a true believer in fresh air, exercise and doing what you want, will make you feel better.  Ever since I started going outside more, going on walks, taking in nature and doing a bit of exercise I have enjoyed my life a lot more, and I have been a lot more positive.  You also shouldn't restrict yourself to do the things you want to do because your friends don't like it or you think you won't be good at it.

This autumn I have gone on so many walks around woods, fields and the countryside and I think that helped me get out of the annual negative mind and appreciate the changing colours of the trees and the autumn I have always loved.

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment