Sunday 22 January 2017

Explanations and Expectations


So here's my low overdue explanation post about the lack of Blogmas in December and the lack of posts now!

Explanations

So in December I started doing Blogmas.  I stress the word 'started' because I never actually finished it.  I'm the type of person that if I miss one day, there's no point carrying on because I would just focus on the fact I missed one day and I didn't actually 'complete' Blogmas, if you get what I'm saying?  I guess I'm a 'go big or go home' kind of person and for Blogmas 2016 I went home...

As I was working in retail over December you would expect me to be extremely busy with work.  Well you would be correct, I was doing over time pretty much every day/week.  One week I did 41 hours and of course I was seeing friends and family over the Christmas period, so as much as I had loads to write about, I had no time to actually write about the events.

So I guess that's my overdue explanation to where my Blogmas 2016 went.  My explanation for lack of posts since Blogmas, however is non-existent, other than the fact I lack motivation at the moment (different blog post coming soon...I promise) but now I'm telling myself I need to get my act together and I will be better this year!

Expectations

So I have loads of expectations of 2017, they're pretty big expectations tbh.  However, I don't actually know how realistic I'm actually being.

For me 2017 will mainly be about travel and adventures.  That's the main reason I took the year off.  I have many plans of where I want to go and when I will go and I will do everything in my power to follow them through because, my God do I love travelling and exploring new places.

Other than travel I want to meet more new people because at the end of 2016 I met some amazing people and created friendships that make me happy rather than restrained or drained from.

I go off to university this year.  This is going so strange but I seriously cannot wait for it, which if I knew this time last year I would not have believed it one bit.  University is something everyone talks about when you were younger and when it is your turn to go its quite unrealistic, I mean I'm supposed to be in my first year now if I didn't take a gap year but I am so pleased I took it.

My main expectation of 2017 is being happy and proud.  I want to finish this year not regretting anything, feeling like I took every opportunity that I could and not wanting to change anything that I did.  This is going to probably be the hardest because I always seem to have regrets...but this year I'm going to minimise it.

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment